Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The things she says...

Lily has been saying the funniest things lately. Here are some of what's been overheard lately...

While eating dinner recently I began to sing a song, "Yummy, yummy, yummy I've got peas in my tummy." She loves this song. We insert whatever food we happen to be eating at the time. I got up from the table to get something. When I returned she said, "Look mom. Peas in my tummy!" and proceeded to lift her shirt and show me the pea she shoved in her belly button.

She walked into the bathroom while my mother was using it and said, "Show me your butt."

She went to Home Depot with John this past weekend. They used the restroom to wash their hands and upon exiting she pointed at a couple in the store and loudly told them, "Wash your hands!"

Lily now has a booster chair at the table that she can climb into by herself. Lately she's been getting in and buckling herself while I'm in the final stages of dinner preparations. I usually give her whatever portion of dinner that happens to be ready ahead of time when she does this. One particular evening I gave her peas to munch on first. When asked if she'd like more she responded. "No... I'm okay right now."

I gave her a hug and told her that I loved her and she responded by hugging and patting me on the back and said, "I love you. I love you soooo much."

No comments:

Post a Comment