Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My best day ever...

This week, we have a special blogging guest, my sexy husband John. Well folks... it's great to finally have a contribution of my own to share. Let me tell you about "my best day ever..." Some would think that their wedding day or even the actual birth of their children would qualify, and I agree they are all remarkable events. I am proud to report that after spending all of last Saturday with my Lillianne, for me, this qualifies as my best day ever.
Amy and Rachel raced off to take a hike around Mt. Rainer so we began the day going to Pike Place Market around 9 AM. I was a little miffed about them taking off earlier than me because they stole the stroller and I was left with the big red Radio Flyer. How was I going to haul this thing around and navigate through the crowds? Well... she had the time of her life in there because she was able to mix it up with the people as well as have some fresh peaches. I don't know what was funnier, watching the people watch her as she mauled the fruit or the fact that she ate the whole thing in less than 5 minutes. There were people from all walks of life present, many of which didn't speak English as a first language. At any rate, we did enjoy going to many of my favorite hang outs there including Beechers Cheese Company. After the market, we took a quick drive down to the Ballard Locks. I usually make a visit or two to this location during the year because it reminds me of the harbor and being close to the ships I used to see in Duluth Minnesota while going to college. The Ballard Locks are the segway for many small recreational craft looking to go from Lake Union in norther part of Seattle to the Pacific Ocean via the Puget Sound. This is also the home to the Northwestern from the Deadliest Catch which makes this shipyard home located within the lock system. Amus and I love Sig and the crew. As you can see... Lily loved to see the fishies as they made their way up the fish ladder. The king salmon are running now and some measured over 3 feet long! She loved to bang on the glass as the fish went by. From here, we stayed in the park for a while and had a picnic. Families were all around so there was plenty to keep Lily busy for a while. I even had an opportunity to meet a family who was visiting the area from Minnesota. Turns out that they were also from Maple Grove and lived within 15 minutes of my parents. After a few hours here, she was ready for a nap. So was I.

We continued our journey northward to the city of Edmonds to take the ferry across the sound to Kingston. We were destined to go to one of my favorite cities in the northwest, Pulsbo. Here, we went to the Dancing Brush to make a gift for Grandma Barney that she'll receive in a few weeks. Lily was hungry so we stopped at one of my most favorite unknown gems, "that's a some Italian Ristorante". It's believed that JFK Jr. made a pop-in at one time. From here, we decided to head home because it was approaching Lily's bedtime.

We hopped on the ferry once again from Bainbridge Island back to Seattle. On the ferry, I quickly learned my daughter is obsessed with flying birds. I, and many others on board, were in stitches as Lily was screaming at the sea gulls as they flew through the air. She became more obsessed as I would shove her up in the air to become closer to the birds. She really felt like she could grab one! By now, it was now 9 PM and she couldn't take it anymore. I hope she had fun. I spent a lot of the down time during the day reflecting on all of the gifts that God has given me and my family. It's quite remarkable to imagine it all. I'm not sure what Lily thought as the day progressed. As for me, I'm already planning for my next "best day ever..."

No comments:

Post a Comment